Thursday, November 17, 2011

Assignment - Something Borrowed (jumping ahead)

This week's prompt, at the awesome new site I have discovered, is to share a photo of something borrowed. I am still working on 'lens baby' but am trying to keep up with the current prompts while catching up on previous ones...




It was easy for me to decide what to photograph for this theme! It has been the workplace joke everywhere I have worked in my non-too-short life. If someone couldn't find their pen the standard response was, "check with Janet".  I have always been a workplace 'traveller' and whenever I borrowed a pen to sign something or to make a note to myself, I inevitably walked off with it.  Once, when moving to a new job, my co-workers took up a collection of pens to give me as a gift so I wouldn't get a bad rep in the new place!!
I recently retired and as I started emptying the boxes and bags from my desk and cabinets I found more and more pens!  I should point out that only one of those pens actually "belonged" to me... Truth be known, this is just the few I put in my desk...


with great guilt I am posting a photo of the rest...


2 comments:

  1. love your photo and I'll let it be known, I warn people upfront if I'm "loaned" a pen, that they may never see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!!!! I love it!!!
    You have some really cool pens, too - maybe I need to borrow one? : )

    ReplyDelete