Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Assignment - Renewal - Where I lay my head down

 Bella's prompt this week is to share the place


Where I lay my head down
To rest,
To sleep,
To dream.
My go to spot 
where my spirit
becomes renewed.




This one was tough for me . . . sooo many places to choose from

Why?
Because . . .

1)  It is winter and the place I might choose most readily without thinking is not available to me (that would be my garden) and I live in a part of Canada that doesn't have a winter growing season

2)   I have tried to surround myself with little 'sanctuaries' in my home where I can regroup and be rejuvenated on an ongoing basis

3) There are many activities that regenerate my spirit . . . things I love to do that relax and refresh my heart and soul . . . they are mostly the creative activities in my life

The camera is a relatively new creative tool for me

For example I love to create with garden tools . . . 
when it is above 0 degrees Celcius and the soil isn't frozen and covered with snow 
my gardens are my go to place for a bit of me time and re-energizing . . . 










I can hardly wait until spring



I have created spaces throughout my home for some of my plants to 'vacation' during the winter.

Some are located just inside my patio doors 
where I enjoy my morning coffee in the morning and Egyptian Licorice tea at night . . . 
the morning sky always breathes life into my body and soul at the outset of the day 








my kitchen is a sanctuary year round. . .

I love to create in the kitchen . . . 
here I use the tools of (one of)  my professions . . . but that is another story


Heck...one of the MOST relaxing activities I know is putting my hands in warm bubbly water . . . 
I don't even own a dishwasher . . .  



I love doing my dishes by hand

Another year round sanctuary is my local hot yoga studio. 
Being housebound at the moment, I couldn't get a photo
however
this is where I practice at home . . . 



In the dead of winter, on those cold not-goin'-out-no-way-no-how kind of days
this is where I take what I have created in the kitchen 
and wrap myself in warmth and peace.

I guess you could call this my winter sanctuary



As for where I rest my head?
. . . at this time of year it is under a down blanket and duvet 


and just before my eyes close on another wonderful day 
I look up and breathe in a rainbow . . .


Night Night

7 comments:

  1. No dishwasher here either.

    You have a lovely home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy - sometimes I wish it was a little more rural but I do love it...

      Janet

      Delete
  2. Lovely!! All of your spots are great.
    PS.. I do have a dishwasher, but it's broken :(
    Beautiful home you have. Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella!!
      and thank YOU for the opportunity to share!

      Janet

      Delete
  3. Okay ... How did I miss this post? Hmph!

    I love it. All of your images, but especially the image you took showing where you practice your yoga. How seriously lovely, Janet. These are all just great! Sorry I missed them at first.

    Angie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were busy being my biggest fan on my other blog *lol*
      I love yoga and can't wait to get back into it full time (I used to go almost daily)

      Thanks Angie!

      Delete