Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Assignment - Day 1

The first day of a year....
For me, a time for reflection and meditation.
Reflecting, with gratitude, on the good fortune, adventure, love and joys of 2011.
Meditating, with hope, on what 2012 has in store.


Prompt: Capture one moment in time from this day


I have a wall in my kitchen that I painted with blackboard paint when I moved in. Every guest to my home records their presence on that wall.
On the first day of the year I love to sit in front of it, coffee in hand and one 'signature' at a time, enjoy the memories it reflects in the coloured chalk each person chooses to leave their mark. It is a reminder to me of how fortunate I am to have such friends and family... then I take a photo for prosperity and start fresh!
My one moment today captured many special moments of the past year!






Days 2 through 365


I am not a resolution maker myself, or even a goal setter - I am more of a 'moving in that direction' person but the direction can (and does) change frequently if I see there is something new to learn or fun to do! 


In 2012 I want to learn, explore, experience and create. 


I am hoping that with my new 'zenployment' I will have more time to do things in unhurried ways 

Some things I would like to do in 2012

  • revitalize my creative spirit 
  • explore creative courses in photography and writing
  • organize my gazillions of photos and quotes
  • re-create several of my gardens
  • create meals for elderly shut-ins in my community 

Each day I will create a Quotograph:


In order to make 'organizing' my creative self palatable I have given myself a project for the year that combines my love of quotes and my love of photography. It is a challenge and I am already 4 days behind! (because it took me that long to full formulate it in my mind)

I will go through my endless stash of quotes (I have note books full going back to my high school days and folders all over several computers!) and my gazillion photos and create a 'quotograph'! This also feeds my addiction to fonts! YAY!


I have done several for cards sets in the past and loved the process of finding the right quote for the right photo. 
I am hoping that with each new creation I will bring both my thousands of quotes and my pictures closer to some useable state of organization


wish me luck!


YES I said EACH DAY!!                                                                                 (this one doesn't count!)
 Autumn Quotograph


2 comments:

  1. Your blackboard wall is a great idea. I painted one wall in my yougest’s (now 39) bedroom so he would write on it instead of the walls around the rest of the house. He LOVE it and is a fabulous artist. Your photo with its wonderful words is gorgeous. Beautiful processing of the capture. Here is wishing you many days of creativity in the coming day, weeks, and months. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wishes, Genie...(finally figured out how to add a reply feature *lol*)
      We had a chalkboard wall when I was growing up too! I think it is a brilliant idea that will never be outdated! (I saw a hot pink one in a local restaurant today)

      Delete